Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11th, 2011 - hiking in the Red Cliff's Reserve in St. George

We decided to try hiking in a different area again today and went out to the Red Cliff's Reserve and spent about 1-1/2 hours hiking along the bluffs and crawling around on some huge red rocks.  Afterwards we did a little bit of grocery shopping and then headed back to the condo.  We had lunch and then we each took a book and we headed out to Snow Canyon and climbed up on the petrified rocks and sat in the sun and read our books.  What a great way to spend an hour with scenic views and beautiful sunshine.  From there we decided to hike the 1/2 mile Pioneer Name trails and stopped and spent some time watching some rock climbers.  Zion Guide Service was training two gals on the correct procedure for rock climbing. 

When we got back to the condo I went swimming and John grilled chicken, made sweet potato's, and a delicious salad.  When I got back from my swim I basically just had to sit down and eat dinner.  Am I spoiled or what!  I love it!

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment